Thursday, May 10, 2012

We are called according to His purpose

Recently it's been sort of hard/weird to consider myself a "missionary." I mean, who am I? When I think of a "missionary" the image I have in my head doesn't really look like me...I don't feel "ready" for this adventure and have been sort of perplexed by the fact that God has chosen me to be a representative of Christ in Romania. It's a pretty big responsibility that I take very seriously. Not just in Romania but wherever I happen to be. These thoughts are like an open door inviting fear, doubt and anxiety in to my head.

And then the Lord speaks...He reveals His heart and His ways through His word. And suddenly all my insecurities, fears and anxieties are vaporized by the power of His truth.

2 Timothy 1:8-9 God..."has saved us and call us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began."

He has saved me and He has called my family to Romania...and it has nothing to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with Him. (whew, what a relief) It's not about anything I've done or could ever do. It's not about me doing things, or my failed attempts at perfection, how many scriptures I've memorized or how many good things I've done...it's all about Him and His own purposes. It's ALL about Him. What a good reminder in a world so focused on self.

Be encouraged because God has called you. Not according to anything you've done, but because He created you with purpose for a purpose according to His own purposes and His grace. So relax and take a deep breath...it's not about you. It's not about me. It's about the Power of God and His heart as a loving Father to be in a relationship with His children. If all we ever do in this life is spend time engaging God and getting to know Him, that's more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment