Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We Bought Our Tickets!

So we (except for Matt and Steve who will be leaving the 22nd) will officially be leaving for Romania on May 30th out of LA at 6pm and will be arriving in Turkey the next day at 7pm. Thankfully we got great a great deal price wise, it's like God was holding tickets for us (because let's face it, He was) and the despite the fact that the prices have been increasing, for some reason when we checked the prices today, they were exactly the same as they were 2 weeks ago. Not to mention the flight is only 15 hours I think which is way better than I expected. I think that it should go pretty smoothly because I'll have the girls to help me out with Kylie which will be nice. And as we found out on our trip to Louisiana to visit my family, Kylie loves to fly. She's super social and loved seeing all the people. Plus she is like the only baby I know who get's all goofy when she's tired and missed her nap, instead of cranky or fussy. God totally created her to travel which I'm very thankful for!

I can't believe we actually bought our tickets!

Matt was sharing this morning from Joshua 3 about how the Israelites had to take that step of faith to dip their toes in the Jordan before God would miraculously part the waters. I find it very interesting that God parted the waters when the water was at it's fullest. The text says the water was overflowing onto the banks basically. What a perfect time for a miracle. It's so important for us (me in particular) to remember that God will part the waters, even when they are at their fullest, even when it seems like there is too much going on and life feels crazy as you watch the waters rush by. Funny how when He parted the waters He didn't just part them a little so that the Israelites could just barely get by...not my God...no He made PLENTY of room for the people to cross. He went above and beyond so that they could literally walk on dry land. That's my Dad. He loves to encourage us as we begin to dip our toes in the water...if we just take that step of faith He will meet us in ways that FAR exceed our expectations...and buying the tickets...well...it's just the beginning...

 

3 comments:

  1. so excited will be following i love u guys sooo much and will be missing all your faces dearly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironic...as you are leaving LAX, I will be leaving China. Love you guys! Romania...Say "Buna" to all them orphans. :)

    ReplyDelete